Kingdom Keys - A KH RP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Kingdom Keys, a Kingdom Hearts Roleplay Forum! Casual and Expert Roleplayers alike are welcome to join in, we only ask that you play nice!

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mandatory Site Rules

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jin Takada
Admin
Admin
Jin Takada

Munny : 210

Character Info
Potential: 880
Willpower: 880
Race: Human

Mandatory Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Mandatory Site Rules   Mandatory Site Rules EmptyMon Feb 08, 2016 9:15 pm

1.We're all Friends!: Be friendly and act kind to the rest of the community. Act with mutual friendship and interact positively with one another. Flaming is extremely frowned upon and we don't want any of it. This goes towards trolling other players, sites, and etc. If we hear you are on other websites trolling them and you came from us, that will turn into a serious debate between you and the staff. In essence, don't be a jerk

2.We Didn't Start the Flame War!: Even if it isn't in a negative light, steer yourself away from and avoid topics that can start flame wars. This can be topics such as Racism, Religion, Politics, Moral Views, Player Action, and more. If you see somebody causing trouble or starting a flame war topic sort of deal, don't jump in to make it worse, come to a staff member and pm them. At least one of us is usually around at some time and we will deal with it accordingly.

3.Close Your Eyes, Kids!: This is a PG-13 website in terms of its content and rp standards. Anything that can be considered frowned upon above a PG-13 audience should be taken elsewhere and offsite. This does mean that you should not have an intimate action done that is at the R-18+ level in role play. Take it out of public to the pm's or other devices and if it is needed in role play, break away everything 18+ and replace where it starts to where it ends with "Fade To Black" for clarification.

4.I'm Unstoppable!: Don't take control of other peoples characters, don't god mod your character or role play in any way. What is meant by this is that you should never make an action forced by another player or a loss permanently gained without express turned permission or having used proper mechanics, which wouldn't allow a forced action anyways.

Example: Sora's Simplified Post: "Sora attacks Riku with blinding speed and power. There is no way Riku can stop it or survive it!"
Riku's Simplified Post: "Riku uses his skill to dodge Sora's attack and take no damage to end off his turn."
Sora's Simplified Post: "Now having defeated Riku because he was too slow, Sora holds his keyblade in the air in victory at winning this battle."

In this case, Sora godmodded his character so that he wouldn't be able to lose. And in the event that Riku uses proper mechanics to survive, Sora still godmodded himself in the win because he believed he was strong enough to do so.

5.This Cookies Flavor is Terrible!:In roleplay, sometimes things can be considered okay to do and forced, like godmodding. However, people believe that it isn't godmodding, but instead they had the right combination of flavor and power to override mechanics. An example of this is if I use a point blank fire magic against Castle Cyrus and I say that nobody can stop me because it was against the building. However, based on mechanics, of course somebody can stop my attack, however due to my range it isn't logical to be able to stop it. That is because I flavored myself in a proper location for that logic to work. However, that is still godmodding by right of it being forced. Flavor is overridden by Mechanics at all times. If I am 30 feet away or 5 centimeters away, people can block it all the same and can react accordingly to my attempts.

6.I am Become Death!: Death is a thing on this role play, and if you are dead, well then you are dead. However, you can't just die in any topic and you are only at risk of dying if a topic is marked appropriately, or its an event topic. Tags like this are "Death Possible, Risk of Death, Death, Death Event" and the like, can be an acronym in the title of a topic. Due to this, people don't get themselves into topics that they can die in without knowing it, so no complaining about dying either! Events themselves WILL be marked with these same tags so don't worry.

7.I am Pure Perfection!:Please don't make Mary sues. Making a Mary Sue is prohibited, just don't do it. Everybody has their fatal flaws and differences that make them imperfect in at least one way. Saying that your character is perfect is basically saying that they are better than everybody else on the site, which will never be the case. Nobody is superior than another. Yes, even my "Level 9999 Rogue Overlord Duelist Master" that I got over 10 years on this website is on the same importance and perfection as your "Level 1 Novice Barn Boy" that you made 10 seconds ago. Basically, nobody is perfect and a Mary Sue will not be an acceptable character. Everybody is on par with each other in terms of importance and no one person is greater than another.

8.Evidence Locker Needed!: Do not argue and fight with the staff of the role play and their words. If a staff is telling you to stop something, or telling you how something works or is laying down the law, don't fight them on it. Or at the very least don't make a public deal about it on the chat box, take it to pm's or to another staff member. By this I basically mean, the staff usually knows what they are doing and has the right idea of how the mechanics of the site work, they are staff for a reason. However, if you are absolutely sure they are doing something wrong or doing it unjustly, bring it to another member of the staff, providing them with solid proof. Take a screen cap of it and such. Don't go to staff 1 saying "Well Staff 2 said this", that isn't enough evidence, we all trust each other and people could just just be trying to break the staff apart. You could be telling the truth and just trying to help, and the staff you are talking about could be in the wrong, but we can't do anything if it is unproven.

9.Incognito Snitch Service!: If you see somebody breaking the rules while a staff member isn't around to see it, don't confront them on your own accord, we don't want you to get hurt by them or to make it possibly worse. Screen shot the aforementioned break in the rules and send it to a member of the staff to tell them your case, don't even bring it up to the rule breaker. We as the staff will handle it on our own and you wont have to get hurt or anything over it.

10.Git Rekt Newb!: Try to hold your posts to a level of quality. On this site, quality is of good importance for fluency and moving along the rp in a nice environment. We as the community do not ask you to be the next hit novel writer or to write ageless classics of the human race. But we do ask that you use normal language when writing your posts so that everyone can understand them and be able to respond accordingly. Don't use acronyms in writing, only in text and mechanics if it is explained that it can be an acronym. Don't use words like a text either. Examples could be, use "Riku laughed out loud in the room towards Sora" instead of "Riku roflcopter lol'd @ Sora". As for the other example, use "Sora said goodnight to Kairi before leaving the room" instead of "Sora sed gud nite to Kairi b4 leving teh rum" and such like that.

11.We'll Help You Out, Buddy!: If you are feeling down about something that has to do with the rp, or even just something to do with your real life and its bringing you down. Don't be shy, maybe don't let it out into public chat but pm it to one of the staff members. All the current ones are fully okay with talking out problems and helping those of us who are in trouble. We're a kind and gentle community, and we love role play but personal matters take most responsibility at any times. We want to help you and when one of our members are depressed or something, it can become saddening for the entire community knowing that one of their fellow role players and series fans are hurt in some way. Don't hesitate, come to us in private messages. We would love to help!

12.Have Fuuuun!: Make sure to have fun on the website, this was made for the enjoyment of the fans and people who like to write their own original characters into the story and series itself. This is mostly player driven with some events and NPC's to use accordingly of course, but this is meant to be a fun and enjoyable environment! Make sure to enjoy it to its fullest!
Back to top Go down
Jin Takada
Admin
Admin
Jin Takada

Munny : 210

Character Info
Potential: 880
Willpower: 880
Race: Human

Mandatory Site Rules Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mandatory Site Rules   Mandatory Site Rules EmptyTue Feb 09, 2016 1:27 am

Copyright

Kingdom Hearts, Kingdom Hearts II, the Kingdom Hearts media and all respective logos, characters, artwork, stories, information, names, and other elements associated thereto are the sole and exclusive property of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd., The Walt Disney Company, as well as their subsidiaries and affiliated companies.

Kingdom Keys is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Square Enix, Disney or any of their subsidiaries, employees or associates. Kingdom Keys offers no suggestion that the work presented on this web page is "official" or produced or sanctioned by the owner or any licensees of the aforementioned trademarks. Kingdom Keys makes no claim to own Kingdom Hearts or any of the copyrights or trademarks related to it. Images that are displayed on this site are copyrighted to its respective copyright holders, such as Square Enix, Disney or to the creator of the image. Visitors may download any pictures displayed on this site for personal use, as long as they are not use for profit, and proper credit is given.
Back to top Go down

Mandatory Site Rules
Page 1 of 1